Monday, April 21, 2014

Russell M Nelson

Holy smokes I cannot believe how much Avery is growing!! It blows my mind! She's way too cute :) Sigh. This week was one filled  with so many defining moments!! You know when your running... and you're doing pretty good... the pace is good, nothing too crazy is happening.... And then you get 2 different thoughts... keep going, keep pushing as hard as you can, or the very opposite! This hurts, stop, slow down... all those negative things... and in running I have seen me do both. I have seen where I decided to push through the pain and keep running and do really well! And I have also seen the opposite and I just decide to give up and quit. Well I was at that point on my mission! I really felt like I either need to push forward and be better or just stop. haha And well I'm sure you are anticipating what I decided to do...

 BUT! IT WAS INCREDIBLE! Tyler is serving in Africa... and I don't even know how he goes through all that he does. It really blows my mind, and all he does is turns to the scriptures for help or prays a little harder. So I decided, whelp I ought to do the same! I ought to turn to the scriptures and pray a little harder. Tyler doesn't give up, Heck! The Savior didn't give up on me, so why should I!? So.. I did just that! I studied harder, and prayed more intently! And while I did that, I was exactly obedient, and I started feeling happier, and my desire to serve increased. I was being more truly converted! Being converted is measured by your desire to share the gospel and what we have with others. That is what Jesus Christ did perfectly. And that happened this week!!! AND so I kept being exactly obedient, and I kept praying and reading the scriptures..... as much as I could! And holy smokes... I was able to receive a more powerful witness than I have ever had before! I won't go into detail, but as I was praying... I just knew. I KNEW God loved me, I KNEW that I have a Savior and Redeemer! And I KNEW that I was doing what God wanted me to do! 

SO this is the really awesome part!!! We had Elder Russel M Nelson come and speak to our mission! And then he had a special stake conference with the Santa Maria stake, so I saw him and Elder Bowen and Elder Garn and their wives. And Wow. I felt more motivated than ever before! Well before the meeting I had questions on how I could become a more dedicated servant of the Lord. Sister Nelson talked about how we should " Look unto Him in every thought, doubt not, fear not" Was I doing that? Was I really remembering my Savior at all times? No. SO THIS IS THE AMAZING PART! I was able to receive revelation of what I could do personally and with Sister B to be who God wants me to be :) It sounds so simple, but it was incredible! :) Our numbers have changed dramatically! It's powerful! :) We are actually enjoying the work! We are tired... but it just reminds us that we are mortal!  aint no thang :) haha


The drive to the conference was 2 hours there and back! And I didn't have to drive. The hermanas drove us! And the whole drive was along the coast, so I just got to stare at the beautiful ocean. It's spring break, so people were surfing! So that was fun! But it helped me to really reflect on my mission so far :) At one point I saw hundreds of dolphins jumping; is was so cool! :)

Russel M. Nelson is hilarious! At one point in the meeting he was like, " It was colder than a kiss from my mother in law!" hahahahaha he's too much! My perspective has changed so much! And I feel a lot more enthusiastic about the work. I have more numbers to show, and more miles on my feet :)
I feel so blessed this week! I wish I could describe everything the mission is doing for me personally, and the relationship that I am developing with my Savior and my Heavenly Father. But one thing I do know is that it IS possible to look unto him in every thought :) I have tried it! I always have to refocus, but I know that it's possible! I got to give Sister Nelson a hug :) she's so great! And I shook Elder Nelson's hand 2 times :) That made me pretty happy!! Time is going by way too fast! And it kills me! I want my mission to slow down. The more I love it, the faster it goes... not cool.

And hey! in a few weeks I get to talk to you on the phone! isn't that something? :)
Anyway I hope your week is GREAT!   Thank you for the Easter package! it made me smile so big!! :) 
-Sister Kaylea Collings

No comments:

Post a Comment