Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Choice and Accountability...

We have worked a ton with less actives and a bunch of them came to church on Sunday!! So that was great!!! I feel so blessed to be in this ward because everyone is really taking Elder Ballard's talk in conference so seriously!! He challenged everyone to invite somebody to church or to take missionary discussions!!!  By the end of December!! So you guys should do it :) It would make the missionaries so happy! And you so happy too :) We could do missionary work together and that would be cute :):)
 
Missions are hard. Because I learn everyday how much I need to work on!!! But it just motivates me.... I think the hardest thing for me is 3 hour study time in the morning, because I swear I have ADHD!!! I just have to move around every second and... its just nuts!!! But I was praying to be able to focus.... and since I have prayed about it I can sit still!!!!! Its like a miracle! And then my studies are more effective!!! And then my day goes so great!!!! :)  Missions are so humbling because it shows me how much I really am relying on the grace of God to help me out!!
 
So.... There are orchards everywhere!!!!! And to be honest I stole an orange and a pomegranate from some millionaire's home... so I didn't feel bad, because I thought... they look so good and I deserve it.... whelp! I ate them and was SO SICK for this whole week.... like the kind of sickness where you just get drained.... from every end of your body!!!! Yeah I'm never stealing again!!!!! Hahaha I'll never partake of the forbidden fruit again ;)
 
One of the most amazing things about missionary work is preparing for the day!! Its nuts, there's like this magic that if you tell God where you are going to be, He will lead his children to you!!!!  There have been so many times where we are walking, and all of these homes are gated.. and then all of the sudden someone goes and checks the mail!! And we are able to talk with them :)
 
We are working with so many great people and I see miracles every single day!!!! I am working with a little girl named Cassidy, she wants to be baptized but her older sister she keeps telling Cassidy (who's 9) not to... so that's been rough! We are working with the M brothers... one is a Jehovah's Witness, and the other one just wants to feel the love the Gospel has, and wants to know if God is really there. Their names are Ben and Jessie (JESSIE CAME TO CHURCH WITH US!)
 
We are working with an 94 yr old man who speak Farces (or something) and so he wants us to come back but I'm struggling to communicate with him. :)
 
We are teaching Beverly... who is 82, and she says she wants to be baptized but she has Alzheimer's, and always forgets.... so we have had the same lesson almost every time... she's so cute!! We are working hard, and really hoping she will remember.... when we visit her she has us pet all of her stuffed animals... it's kind of creepy... she has like hundreds... you can't sit on the couch without sitting on stuffed animals. They are even hanging from the walls!!! hahaha so yeah, I pet them.... She always sends be home with a pine cone!!! Hahaha so that's hilarious :) !
 
We are also working with a young man whose whole family goes to church, but he was abused his whole life... and was adopted... we are trying to  teach him  the love the Gospel has  :)
 
 Ummmm OH!! I work with a lot of elderly men.... haha and... its pretty hilarious.. :) This week was hard because we are teaching a boy who just loves to debate.....  which is so annoying... reminds me of my old self :) hahah  but we are really working with him! We had a great lesson with this lady, and her sister came storming in and kicked us out of the house... And we also had a ton of people totally reject our message :( Which is so sad.) 
 
 
BUT YEAH! I'm keeping busy, and I love you guys :):) and I'm doing alright out here :)
 
Love, Sister Collings

No comments:

Post a Comment