Monday, February 3, 2014

A Week of Miracles

Hello!!! :) My week has been so full of miracles I feel so blessed to be a part of this work! So I guess I'll just tell you about my week! 

- We had Peggy (Beverly the pine cone lady's mom) show up at our correlation meeting with our ward mission leader on Sunday, and tell us BEVERLY WANTS TO BE BAPTIZED FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHH! She is finally off the coffee!! So Feb. 15th will be her date! Pray for her :)

- Shaylind and Alieke came to church yesterday and we talked about baptism!! For Feb 15th!!!!! So we are praying!!! SO HARD! And Beverly wants to get baptized with other people so we don't waste the water on her! So we could have 3 in one day!!

-ANOTHER MIRACLE! Our whole area in Southern California were fasting and praying for rain!! And GUESS WHAT!! Right when Sister Cox and I ended our prayer, it started raining!!! Wow. I don't think I have ever seen the power of prayer AND FASTING WORK SO WELL!!!

-We cleaned a less active lady's whole home! She is a hoarder and we organized her home! And then she was just bawling!! It was so cute! Then at our next lesson she was praying, and she gave the most spiritual prayer in Spanish! BUT!!! IT WAS A MIRACLE!

-CHASE! he had the bishop give him a blessing before he went to try out for some major league baseball team! And had a miracle happen. He said he felt like someone was with him that whole day! And he even had some famous baseball player put in a really good word for him! Whose name is Willie, and he even got paired up with his actual catcher (he's a pitcher) which is unheard of! So indeed the priesthood works! And he was so blessed!

- BECKY! hahaha She is a lady we met when we knocked at her door. She lives next door to a member's home! And she was like " Oh hi! what do you want to teach me?!" hahaha! WHAT?! So we taught her about the restoration! And then at the end she was like "Well, I can't come to church with you this Sunday, but I'll come next Sunday" WHAT!?!! We didn't even invite her!!! And THEN!! She saw her member neighbors and she was like" do you know them?"  We said yes.... haha, and she was like "well go tell them I'm coming to church next week"!!! HOLY SMOKES!!!! So we did,  and yeah it was awesome, and we will be seeing her this next week!! 

I am just getting blown away with how God is blessing this area!
AND! When you work hard you truly are blessed! Its so incredible!
So yeah, that's been my amazing week! But I sure love you all and I LOVE hearing from all of you! :) Thanks so much mom for that CD you gave me! It gave me so much strength this week! You have NO idea how much good music motivates me to be the best missionary that I can be! And how deep I start thinking... you would ALL be amazed at how much I think before I speak out here on my mission! There was one time when my companion was like " Sister Collings are you OK? You seem sick" hahahahah! And I was like "Oh, I'm just trying hard to think deeply... it's a new thing for me!!" bahaha it's hilarious!! :) Well I love you all to death! And just keep being amazing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment