Monday, August 11, 2014

Ether is a funny name

FAMILY!!

THIS week we were able to be a part of a few special miracles that I am VERY grateful for! Remember Christy that we killed the roaches? Well this week we asked her if she would take the lessons!! And she was VERY not sure... she said we could only do it if we did it in nature, so that way we didn't bring it into her personal space in her home... so we will be having our lessons in a garden haha BUT! I'm so excited; we actually fasted for her! And it Worked! Tonight we will actually be going to a Catholic mass. She said she would come to church with us if we would go to church with her... so THIS will be VERY interesting hahah :):) But I am so excited she has finally accepted the lessons. Serving her will be a little sweeter now :) I never thought I would be thankful for cockroaches!!

We had an amazing lesson about salvation with Brother D, who is a less active of 30 years! The spirit was so strong, and it was so fun to see my companion! She is an amazing missionary. I love how she asks the most inspired questions! She asked Brother D what he felt like he needed to do to live with God again, and it was pretty much what we believe, so it was incredible that she helped him make that connection :):)

This week we also decided to have a car fast!! So we walked ALL day and talked to anyone and everyone that we came in contact with! Well we ended up walking 12 miles!! And talking to LOADS of people! We had a goal of declaring to 20 people! And we were about to have to go home. We had about 1 minute left, and God placed 2 people in our paths! It was incredible, he really is in charge of his work! We also talked to a lot of bikers, biking their way down the California coast, invited numberless people to church (homeless people included) and we were able to make a few return appointments! It was an amazing experience! And when we felt a little less motivated, a member would honk their horn at us and wave, and it lifted out spirits right up!!! :):) The only bad part about that was the end of the night came, and I was absolutely fried!!! I was so sun burnt!! And I actually had a heat stroke.... hahaha But it doesn't really matter, the miracles we saw that day took over, for sure! Although its hilarious because my companion wasn't red at all!!!! hahah Just a tiny bit tanner... gotta love fair skin :) But no worries, I have Aloe Vera!!! :)

We had a lesson with Susan again! And we wanted to read Ether 12 with her... well the lesson was a little rough to start because she wouldn't stop laughing at the name 'Ether'.... I never realized how different the Book of Mormon names were until I saw my investigator's reactions haha! But it ended up being a great lesson! :)

So guess what! Transfers happened, and I will still be with Sister H in Goleta!! Which I'm really happy about! We are going to see SO many miracles!! Whelp...I hope you all have an amazing week!

I love you all :):)

Love Sister Kaylea Collings!! :)
Can you believe I'm on my 8th transfer!?! Only 4 more to go! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment