Sunday, August 24, 2014

For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Jesus Christ

FAMILY!!!!

We were actually teaching a lesson to a less active and he said " I just don't like that the church has TOO many rules!!" And I said " Brother, your wrong. Our church has too many blessings!" I committed him to, instead of saying rules, to say blessings! hahah it was a great perspective change for me!!

This week we had some HUGE miracles!! We have been teaching Susan who is in her 80's and had the flesh eating parasite, and is too sick for church because her body is re-building its organs! Well, at the lesson this week she said  "I went on a walk and I felt more strength than normal! So then God told me, Susie, you're going to church with the sisters this week!" She then told us the outfit she had already picked out! We called Sunday morning, and she wasn't feeling well, and wasn't able to attend YET! But it's incredible that she was able to recognize the spirit, and that she has that desire. The ward is all fasting and praying, so I'm sure by next Sunday she will have enough strength to go to church :)

CHRISTY!!! We attended the Catholic mass, which was a very interesting experience. Though the room was beautiful and the words being spoken were true, I did not feel the same as I do in our church! It was a huge testimony builder for me! I just had an overwhelming feeling of love and gratitude for my parents helping me go to church every week. I love the simplicity of our church. I love it because it shows me God's love for us! He doesn't want us to be confused! He wants us to know our purpose, and how to return back home! I love being a member of the Church of JESUS CHRIST of Latter-Day Saints! While in the mass, I felt insecure at first, and I hid my badge with my hair, because I didn't feel comfortable showing people who I was. Well, after about 5 minutes, I decided that I was PROUD to represent Jesus Christ and his church! So I tied up my hair in a pony tail, and let my badge show to everyone in the room! I never want to be ashamed of who I am and what I stand for ever again! :)

Vicky! We had an amazing lesson with her. We were planning to drop her, but the spirit had other plans for her! He helped us teach her and we invited her to be baptized and set a date for the end of September! I DID not see that one coming! She also attended church with us this Sunday! It's amazing to see what happens when you just trust God and let the Spirit teach.

I had a great week!! And I'm so grateful for it :)
My favorite quote that I read on a member's fridge: "When Satan reminds you of your past, remind him of his future"   I love this so much :)

I LOVE YOU ALL!

Love, Sister Collings

No comments:

Post a Comment