Saturday, September 13, 2014

Trials

Hello!! 

Wow, I cant believe what happened to Kendal :( That breaks my heart. I will definitely include her in my prayers! But I know God's plan for her is  perfect :) And that everything will work out! it doesn't make it any easier, that's for sure. I had to hold back tears when I saw the pictures Danelle sent me of Kendal :( BUT! Thank you for informing me! 

(Mom here, Kaylea's friend Kendal was serving a mission in Australia and was hit by a car. She is in a coma right now. We're waiting to hear how she's doing. Our prayers are with her and her family.)

I cannot believe that Stevie is getting married! I decorated his wedding day on my calender! It includes cute stick figures of Sarah, Steve, and the temple! haha! I'm so excited to get another sister :)

This week is one that has been full of miracles, and one that was full of hard work! We didn't give up or slow down. The trials didn't cease either. For whatever reason, Satan really worked hard on me this week! A personal attack from the inside! But I have never seen prayer heal me so fast! I prayed all week and finally, not till this morning, did my burden become so light I literally felt as if Heavenly Father took it away from me! We were able to contact less actives that we have been trying so hard to see, and one really special experience we had was a man named Carlos just walked up to us! He asked if we were Jehovah Witnesses, and we then told him who we were and taught him the whole restoration! I have never seen anyone my whole mission listen so intently to our lessons!

We also taught a less active who had become very Anti! This was one of Sister H's first experiences with that. But through that hard lesson where our faith was being tugged... our feet were FIRMLY planted. And my testimony increased in leaps and bounds! We asked him if he was happier now that he found out all that he did, and he honestly told us how miserable he was. I know there is a reason that the gospel brings true happiness! It's because it's TRUE. Although the world may have claimed we left empty handed, I feel as though me and Sister H left with full hearts, and compassion for that man, and sorrow for the path he was now on. And with a firm testimony of Jesus Christ's precious gospel.

Dad always told me that times like these are when Satan is working hard because God has something big planned for me. I don't know what it is, but I have strong faith that if I keep going and following after Christ's example, that I will be able to notice what he does have in store, and witness his hand in my life and in this work. 

How grateful I am for my mission that is beautifully designed for me to fall, only so I can decide to get back up and follow Christ more fully! Thank you so much for all you do!! Thank you for your prayers and your example!

Sister H is on fire! She LOVES this work, and is more and more confident each day! Her desire to be obedient is incredible. She is so humble and always finding ways that she can improve. I sure love her. And I know that she's like a little sister to me :) Only because of age.... In every other aspect of life she much greater than me :) And I am so thankful I have her to help me grow! I know I was put with her for a special reason! 
 Studying in a coat because it's a chilly 70 degrees!

 Built a blanket fort for planning in....



I love you all!! 
Love, Sister Collings!

No comments:

Post a Comment