Monday, November 10, 2014

San Luis Obispo



So my new area is just so cute :) It's full of rolling hills and nice people! Lately we have had a lot of fog. Guess what, I drive a mini van!!! Ohhh ya.. :) So we go on two exchanges a week with sisters! So tomorrow I will be going on an exchange with sisters in Santa Maria!!!! Which I am so excited because then I get to go back to my old area and see the TERRAZES! The members I used to live with :) We live in an apartment that's SUPER cute! It's pretty much a 1 room apartment, but there is a cute loft where you sleep, so it makes me feel like I'm in a tree house :)  It's just me and Sister H, and there are two other sisters in the same complex, so we exercise together in the mornings. I go to 2 leadership meetings every transfer in Oxnard, and then go on 2 exchanges a week :) And we still have our own area to maintain too, so we are SUPER busy! Which I LOVE! :)

My first day here, we had a lesson with a less active lady, and she is hilarious! She isn't ALL there... has a few disabilities, but  is SO funny! She lives at the top of these super tall stairs! Well, Sister H told me to go first, and not thinking anything of it, I listened to her. Well, as I reached the top step, this less active lady jumped out of her apartment and screamed! Trying to scare us.. Welp! It worked! I almost fell down the stairs, and I screamed SO loud!! haha She's a sweet lady. Apparently she does that EVERY time we come over. So next time I'll be more prepared!!

We also were tracting and a biker stopped next to us. We tried some small talk with him, and asked him if he had ever met with missionaries before, he laughed and said "WAY too often" And sped off!! haha It was funny but it made me feel happy that he has seen us before. It just means we are doing our job, right?

This area is super prepared, because we are gone so much with exchanges, the Lord really does take care of our area. We have seen 2 HUGE miracles this week!

#1. Kim! She is a caregiver for one of the members who we are now teaching. We taught her the plan of salvation, and the room was SOOO packed full of peace! She told us it makes so much sense that there is a spirit world . Because when Jesus comes and visits Mary, he tells her to not touch him because he has not ascended to the Father yet... bad paraphrasing, but you know the story! haha She said that's proof that there is a spirit world! She was sick this Sunday but still came to church. She's incredible, and I am thankful that Heavenly Father is letting me be a part of her conversion.

#2. We are teaching Feng Ling, she doesn't speak English, only Chinese... So we got an interpreter. These lessons are so special because she can't understand what we say, but she feels the spirit so strongly. She has already read the WHOLE Book of Mormon, and reads the Liahona in Chinese every month, and says it brings her more peace than any other book! I love teaching Feng Ling. She had tears in her eyes as we taught about the spirit world; that her family who wasn't Christian can still choose to accept or reject the gospel. Gods plan is perfect.

Being with Sister H again is such a blessing, she is a pure example to me of how to endure, and not just that, but to endure well! :) She only has 5 weeks left on her mission, and she is giving it all she's got. It's inspiring to witness. I feel really privileged to be able to watch her finish her mission!

As a Sister Training Leader, we drive a lot! We had a meeting in Oxnard, so we drove 6 hours! The drive is incredible it's all the way up and down the coast! Its amazing! You can see dolphins and everything! But as I was driving, I was able to drive through all my old areas; Santa Maria, Goleta, Ventura, and I just felt so blessed for all the experiences I was able to be apart of! I feel like now on my mission, I am on my last mile. I just have to give it everything I've got! My race has been a good one so far. I have been consistent, and I have overcome a lot of obstacles, and now it's my turn to give it everything I have, every ounce of energy. I want to cross the finish line and collapse! Every night I am 100% exhausted, and I wouldn't want it any other way. I LOVE being a full time representative of Jesus Christ. There was a quote that someone said in sacrament meeting that REALLY hit me. "empathy during agony is a portion of divinity" I feel so blessed to be a sister training leader, because I am able to forget myself even more and devote myself to these sisters. Although times are hard, I can have empathy for my companion who's ending her mission, the sisters because they struggle, and everyone I talk to each day because THEY need this gospel.

This week we also did service at Prado and Alpha. One is to help women that have children and need supplies, they can come and get diapers and wipes, and clothing,  that's all donated. So we were able to go there and help organize. The other is a homeless shelter where we helped organize and log people in. It was such a neat experience to talk with the homeless and give them a smile. They always looked at our badges and smile when they say the name Jesus Christ. It was such a neat experience to be able to share our Savior's love with them.

Its been a great week :) I'm so excited for what's in store for the rest of my mission! Everyday is an adventure!

Love you all!

love, Sister Kaylea Collings

My District
 Me and Sister H. I'm a little TOO HAPPY!!

We used skirts and a jump rope to make curtains!

No comments:

Post a Comment