Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Happy New Year!

Hello!!! I love 2015 :) I just am so grateful for all the changes that have taken place in 2014! This week was a good one! We have had a fun dinner message that we give to all the members and we sing a hymn and talk about opening your mouth. Well last night we were with a cute Asian lady and I was pretty offended. AFTER everything I would say, she would laugh hysterically! Even when I bore my testimony! And then after, when I asked her why she was laughing, she said it was because I ate so much... RUDE!! haha! But in my defense it was fast Sunday....

We had some pretty incredible lessons this week! And my area is doing really well! We are trying our hardest to gain members trust! Lots of defining moments this week!

#1. ANGIE!! She is a lady that talks a lot... and to be honest I thought she was crazy! Because she would talk to someone all the time during the lessons!! (turns out she was talking to God, they have a "unique" relationship she said) Which is good to know! She's not as crazy!! Well we decided to read the introduction to the Book of Mormon with her, and she was actually listening!! And told us that she really liked church!! We are excited at how she is progressing!

#2. CAMERON! Is a homeless guy with incredible dreads :) We taught him the restoration and it was powerful! He became a  new investigator and he said that in 2015 he wants to change his life around and he thinks that we can help him get there!

#3. Sammy... This was a tough one... Her kids came to church and a member brought them. Well, a couple days later apparently  CPS (child protective services) came to her house and said someone reported her kids smelling like smoke... and so she blamed our member!! It was really sad! And we assured her that she didn't... and we thought she dropped us...well we went back a couple days later and she was happy again, and said she would come to church! So.. That was interesting!! But pretty emotional!!

This week we also had the idea to call all the investigators listed in our phone! We only got through 20 of them and we got 5 return appointments! SO that is really exciting!!

I know that this church is true. And I love it so much because when you live all that Christ has taught you are able to have a relationship with him! And suddenly you see every day differently. I see them all as a gift and I just feel so blessed!! We had one day that was REALLY hard where everyone we talked to had read anti-Mormon material... And we were SO discouraged! With only 3 hours left to work that night, we parked our car (by the ocean!!!!!! not bragging..) And decided to read from the scriptures to lift our spirits back up! And everywhere we read it said that God was trying to help me increase in faith and patience. I love how the Book of Mormon can fix any bad day!!

We also worked at a homeless shelter this week and we were able to find 2 investigators that the elders in the YSA ward were teaching! We were able to tell them to listen to the Elders! And then right after the ELDERS texted this lady we were talking to! She was blown away at the timing of it all and is excited to meet with the Elders. She was like... gosh I don't even know where to meet them... and we told her to meet them at the park! It was fun helping out elders in our district! :)
It's been a great week :) I'm exhausted but it's worth it!! :)

Love you all!!!
love Sister Kaylea Collings


We like to play on the stairs in our apartment!


No comments:

Post a Comment