Monday, March 30, 2015

Enabling power of the Atonement



This week was so great! We had Elder Nelson from the 70 come and he answered so many questions that really was a strength to my testimony! He taught a lot about how we need to be agents that ACT and that aren't ACTED upon. It just infused into my heart a desire to ACT the rest of my life. And he said something really interesting, that SATAN wants us to be acted upon. So he gets us to be lazy, and gets us addicted to things. It was powerful.

This week I have learned a lot about the redeeming and enabling power of the atonement. The redeeming power makes bad men good and the enabling power makes good men better. I always knew about the redeeming power, because that has helped me my whole life. When I have sinned I have turned to God to be forgiven, and I have felt forgiven too!  But it's taken 18 months of a mission to realize what the enabling power can do. It's there for us daily, to give us strength to keep on going! And Holy Smokes have I used it this week! When I have felt broken, I have prayed my little heart out and then went to work, and it was as if nothing happened that morning! I can feel it making me better and it's helped me to feel how much Heavenly Father loves me.

I got a phone call from a sister who has been struggling because she is going home soon (She goes home with me!) And she is so stressed, she has had a migraine for 3 days straight! So we went over to their apartment. I stayed with her, and my companion went to work with hers. It was SO good! I was able to motivate her to get to work, and share my testimony of the enabling power of the atonement! After I chatted with her, she said her migraine was gone and that she wanted to finish her mission strong. It felt so good to be able to share some of my struggles with her. I know Christ knows exactly how we all feel! And it blows my mind that he loves everyone so equally! Even the people that we may be upset with. How can I be upset with someone Christ loves :)

 "Mans greatest happiness comes from losing himself for the good of others"
 David O McKay

I know that statement is true. I have felt SO much joy, even on the hardest days!

We had Sarah's baptism and it was so beautiful. She has so much faith!!
Sorry this is so short! but this week has been powerful. And I will tell you about it in a couple weeks!

Love Kaylea

No comments:

Post a Comment